1. Cherron
    Cherron January 24, 2014 at 9:37 pm | | Reply

In my defense, I recall the grand idea of the memorial ash glass pendant being floated past me sometime during midterms or finals during college. So, you know, I think my lack of enthusiasm at the time is at least partly understandable! And I would never abandon you to Goodwill, I promise.

2. Pauline Shaw
    Pauline Shaw January 24, 2014 at 10:44 pm | | Reply

I love it, just laughed and laughed.

Don’t you dare burn me though:)

3. lisarpetty
    lisarpetty January 25, 2014 at 2:39 pm | | Reply

I LOVE the title and the idea of being a glass ball. Though with my temper, I’d probably roll myself off of the shelf and break. Then, my son would be trying to glue me back together again, or maybe he would just get out the vacuum.
    Thanks for the laugh!

4. cellulitelooksbettertan
    cellulitelooksbettertan January 27, 2014 at 8:45 am | | Reply

I NEVER knew I could come back as a pretty/eccentric decoration. I’m putting that in my will…like right now. Oh, wait…I don’t have a will. Is writing it here good enough? Laughed through this post. 🙂

maurnas January 27, 2014 at 5:33 pm | | Reply

I just realized my parents are hoarders. And I collect lots of things. Kind of weird random things. Like French medical equipment from the turn of the century. Bones. Coins. Crystals. My place kind of looks like a mad scientist/medicine man/art studio. Which I have heard also sums up my personality.

6. Dana
    Dana October 13, 2014 at 11:46 am | | Reply

Hmm. Part of me finds the idea of being a glass ball kinda cool, and part of me finds it kinda creepy. But then again, my mother has my childhood dog’s ashes in an urn in their guest bedroom. And knowing my kids, they would break me-as-a-glass-ball within minutes of receiving me.

7. Kristi Campbell
    Kristi Campbell October 13, 2014 at 3:32 pm | | Reply

LOL I love how you went from rugs to glass figurines to glass balls to becoming one when you’re dead. I kinda like the idea. I have my last two dog’s ashes because how can I throw them out? Creepy I know but they’d be cool glass balls! HAHA

8. Lillian Connelly
    Lillian Connelly October 13, 2014 at 5:39 pm | | Reply

Somehow, I love the idea of being turned into a glass ball and discovered in a rummage sale. It just seems fitting!

I hope you convince your family!

9. PIper George
    PIper George October 13, 2014 at 11:48 pm | | Reply

This got discussed recently when my mother in law died. I really didn’t want to keep her on the mantel! Her daughter has the dog in a beautiful oak box on the shelf in a loo – I suggested she would end up there, with her dog – and that got rid of that idea!