1. cellulitelooksbettertan
    cellulitelooksbettertan January 28, 2014 at 11:02 am | | Reply

That is a HORRIBLE game. Who suggested it? Was she on drugs? Or did she just leave the botox shop? And Steve should have known better. Note to Steve….just say no to age guessing games with women.

Having said that, I’m not against anything that makes us feel better as women. I say, if you can afford it, and it will make you hold your shoulders a little more square and your chin a little higher, go for it. Although some might tend to go on the extreme side of this…hence the photo above. I mean, it’s tough to be a woman. Our bodies take a beating, and unlike our XY counterparts, we can’t go to the gym for a week and drop 15 lbs, Our wrinkles don’t make us look “distinguished”, and more salt than pepper looks good on men and schnauzers, but most of us ladies can’t even pull that off. I mean…can we catch a break here?

But the thing I find to be the biggest challenge of being a woman is that we, women, are so HARD on each other. I am trying really hard to find positive things to say about others these days and to keep the snarky stuff in my head.

Aussa Lorens January 28, 2014 at 11:16 am | | Reply

Ha! Oh man. So funny. I think about aging quite a bit, actually. I have a fantasy that I’ll have this amazingly bright white hair that I can wear in this long braid on one side like a crazy old kook…. but I’ll probably be one of those women who starts balding. Hmm… maybe they make long braided wigs…

3. Ally Bean
    Ally Bean January 31, 2014 at 8:29 am | | Reply

What a story! I guess the question is: do you like your new hair color? Because if you do, then the whole silly “guess my age” thing was just a learning experience along the way meant to help you age more gracefully. When the student is ready, the teacher[s] will come. 😉

maurnas January 31, 2014 at 7:12 pm | | Reply

I pity those women that get plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is forever.

5. ideationms
    ideationms January 31, 2014 at 7:16 pm | | Reply

I want to age naturally. I’m proud of my wrinkles and gray hairs. I’m happy to have them. I’m happy to get older. It’s better than the alternative.

6. Kelly (@RheelDaze)
    Kelly (@RheelDaze) February 3, 2014 at 5:36 pm | | Reply

Awww! A sassy grey streak! This sounds too familiar. I always picture myself looking a certain way when I hit a certain age and it never turns out how I figured it would. Right now I picture myself in my sixties being slim with healthy long hair and one of those grey streaks and then I’m like “who are you kidding??” I’m 35 and already I’ve had three plastic surgeries (I used to work for a surgeon) plus botox, hair dye, nail extensions, I am the furthest thing from natural! But it’s nice to see yourself in a certain way. When I was 22 I pictured me now as fifteen pounds thinner than I am, with a man and a career. That didn’t go my way either.