1. Jennie Saia
    Jennie Saia March 27, 2014 at 2:30 pm | | Reply

“I like this feeling of my self-worth not being directly tied into my weight.” <– This line is gold! Thank you for writing it. 🙂

I spend a lot of face time with the mirror. I'm a dancer, so it's fun for me to watch myself move and try out different motions. I agree that posture and attitude make all the difference. Have you seen any of those articles where someone posts before and after shots, and then admits that they took the pictures just 15 minutes apart? All the "improvements" come from better-fitting clothes, more confident posture, more stylish hair/make-up, and a SMILE!

2. Steph
    Steph March 27, 2014 at 8:01 pm | | Reply

Good call! So, starting tomorrow, I’m going power posture all the way. Today’s almost over and it’s been a real pisser, so I’m gonna go ahead and slump my way through tonight, lol.

Michelle March 28, 2014 at 9:22 am | | Reply

Oh god…we are cut from the same cloth. I struggle with the same things. I too lost 40 lbs..(with about 30 – 40 to go) and gained it back. I’m working at it. Again.

I feel you.

4. bethteliho
    bethteliho March 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm | | Reply

Gurl. You don’t even know. Actually, you do. I totally understand your struggles. Even when I’m not my curvier version, I always feel like I am. It’s a constant argument with my body image. Personally, I love seeing curves on women, but I’m not as kind to myself.

The posture stuff is really cool. I always try to walk tall, but at home I forget and find myself slumping a lot!

maurnas March 28, 2014 at 3:36 pm | | Reply

I had an eating disorder for a long, long time (I guess I still do as you never truly get past it). I also have perfect posture. People make fun of it and comment on it all the time. Like a model, they say. It doesn’t make me feel confident, but it makes me look like I feel confident. So, I guess it works.

6. Little Miss Menopause
    Little Miss Menopause April 2, 2014 at 1:46 am | | Reply

First time reader here (from Aussa’s blog) and was drawn in by your post’s clever alliterative title. But I stayed for the content. I’ve now turned into a guitar – – which means you struck a ton of chords with me with the body image stuff. So perfect posture is the thing, huh? I don’t know about you but that harkens back to my mother who used to say, “Sit up straight – – your back will thank you.” Nowadays she’d probably just say, “Don’t worry – – I’ve got your back!” Well, my point being that it takes conscious effort and continuous self-aware vigilance to have “good posture.” I think maybe I’ll just watch the movies, “Walking Tall” and “Sitting Pretty” (the latter before both our times!) instead! Great blog.