1. bethteliho
    bethteliho April 16, 2014 at 2:56 pm | | Reply

Aw, this was such a gorgeous display of gratitude and how it can help. I’ve done Ten Things of Thankful many times and it ALWAYS helps me (and everyone!) to look to something positive in the midst of darkness (or anytime)

Sorry you have the blues, sweetness. I hope you pull out of it soon. 🙂

your granddaughter is so pretty she doesn’t even look real! She looks like one of those porcelain dolls. Gorgeous.

2. carol (from work)
    carol (from work) April 16, 2014 at 5:58 pm | | Reply

As you do so many times and not always know you do it, you have voiced how I have been feeling recently. You have also given me the kick up the rear end I needed. I to have alot to be grateful for.

Chin up girl! You are a survivor! This to shall pass!

maurnas April 16, 2014 at 6:50 pm | | Reply

I don’t know what is going on but I hope you are feeling a little bit better. Practicing gratitude always makes me feel better too. And meditating. I don’t know what is going on lately. It seems like everyone is having a hard time.

4. Steph
    Steph April 16, 2014 at 7:20 pm | | Reply

This is so well-written, but I’m sorry you were feeling down Jana! I feel most at peace when I’m surrounded by trees. I hope you get your hike and that it refreshes you.

Roxie April 17, 2014 at 2:18 pm | | Reply

You’re physically strong, relatively healthy and your mind is sharp? Well, then, you’ve got me beat!!!

Michelle April 18, 2014 at 7:02 am | | Reply

I love this. I feel a real kinship with you. I don’t love easily, either…but when I do it is fierce.

I’m glad your tears dried up. I hope today is better. 🙂

7. menopausalmother
    menopausalmother April 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm | | Reply

I think getting out of the house for a bit would help tremendously. I get depressed when I’m inside all the time—I need to be out in the sunshine and see people.

Aussa Lorens April 22, 2014 at 9:30 pm | | Reply

Definitely bank that ember of hope, Jana. Sometimes that is all we can do. Just hunker down and get through it, knowing there is another side to it all. I’m sorry that you’re feeling this way and I do hope that things start to look up. You are very right about the gratitude thing– I’ve found it to be so effective that sometimes I avoid it just so I can wallow more… that’s when I know I need to do it most. Good thoughts your way!

9. lrconsiderer
    lrconsiderer April 23, 2014 at 4:16 pm | | Reply

Kismet and I missed it! Now then Jana, won’t you link this next weekend?

I came over to let you know that the post you inspired has just gone live, and I quite like what happened, in spite of the challenge of it…

and now I find this brutiful post.

ach. I hope you’re feeling better now…and SO glad the gratitude helped.