Michelle June 23, 2014 at 8:59 pm | | Reply

I lived in an apartment when my oldest was 5 years old.we were on the top floor and there was a Pakastani family on the bottom floor. They would, from time to time, keep a goat or a sheep in their apartment. It was very loud and odd.

2. april
    april June 24, 2014 at 8:41 am | | Reply

We lived in an apartment that was rapidly sliding downhill from a not quite sketchy neighborhood to a very scary neighborhood. One of the residence was a very large, 7ft tall man who was perpetually drunk and/or high. He also took a shine to me and felt that he must talk to me any chance he got. He also had no issues knocking on my door at 10 at night and asking me for a ride (I never took him anywhere)

The weirdest though, was our neighbor that we shared a wall with. He always seemed very friendly, He lived alone, seemed clean, etc. One morning (the story goes) he walked out of his apartment, down the steps, got into a white van and was never seen again!

3. qwertygirl
    qwertygirl June 24, 2014 at 8:56 pm | | Reply

We lived in a house (next to what I SWEAR was a meth lab, although we still live in the same community, and no one has ever been busted) that was a former beach house, and had such poor insulation that the bedrooms my then four and one year olds slept in were fifteen degrees cooler during the winter than the main part of the house. Which meant that the main part of the house was 55 at night during the winter, and their rooms were 40. You could see your breath if you went in there in the middle of the night. I’m surprised they didn’t have chronic colds, but I don’t recall that they did.

We also lived (BC–before children) in a completely free standing house (no shared walls at all) that if we sat still and quiet enough, we could swear we heard something that sounded like someone watching TV or listening to a radio in the attic or in the basement. We couldn’t make out words, but we could hear the cadence of a human voice, like someone delivering a newscast. I used to hear it and think, “Weird.” Finally one day I asked my husband and he said, “Yeah, I’ve heard that too.” We never figured out what it was.

Roxie June 25, 2014 at 12:07 pm | | Reply

We can’t watch TV with the windows open, because the sound of low-flying planes drowns it out. Also, we think we might have an introvert ghost, because can’t get it to talk to us. (Even with the windows closed!) 🙂

5. bethteliho
    bethteliho June 25, 2014 at 3:53 pm | | Reply

I love that you assumed the red stains were kool aid. Or maybe you just prayed they were. Uhh…..#666 AND red stains on the carpet?? You win shitty abodes!

maurnas June 29, 2014 at 10:29 am | | Reply

That place reminds me of Aussa’s hovel. And I didn’t realize you have 4 kids! That’s a lot.