1. Cherron
    Cherron June 26, 2014 at 6:26 pm | | Reply

ROTFL…”I AM A MERCIFUL GOD!” I read it in his voice and all. Also, that’s a good picture of the kitties! All sitting still and looking at the camera at the same time!

Michelle June 26, 2014 at 7:14 pm | | Reply

I’m impressed. I am. I can handle a lot of things…but I would freak out over a bird in the house. We used to live in a house that had a bat problem in the attic and they periodically got in the house. O M G. I would run into the bedroom and hide until Randy rounded them up and showed them out.

And once, my poor sister had a freaking SNAKE in her family room. She caught it with her sons grabby toy thingies and a plastic box. She got it out of her house, called me and sobbed her little eyes out. I told her that she was officially a badass because I would have just locked the doors and sold the house.

3. ponymartini
    ponymartini June 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm | | Reply

Three cheers for your merciful god of a son! I’m sure that bird is very happy now. My cats were confronted with a bird and they ran in terror. Mighty hunters, I don’t think so.

4. Peg
    Peg June 26, 2014 at 10:14 pm | | Reply

I think we are having a real live remake of “The Birds”. A week ago i was sitting on my sofa and I heard a strange noise in the chimney……a couple of minutes later I heard it again but louder and suddenly a large, black bird was in my fireplace (a Starling), then out flying all over my living and dining rooms. I freaked out but a very nice neighbor came and guided it out of the open door. I dived at me once and I was afraid it was going to hit my dogs head. I screamed (probably scared it), hit the floor with my dog in my arms (he is a miniature Poodle so not very big) and let my neighbor take care of things. Very strange things are happening now-a-days.

5. Mel
    Mel June 27, 2014 at 7:44 am | | Reply

I was always the one assigned to releasing wildlife back outdoors… birds, bats, snakes, mice, bugs… whatever. I grew up with a menagerie of critters (dogs, cats, birds, fish, rodents.. plus an assortment of wild things lol) whereas my ex never had a pet.

Roxie June 27, 2014 at 8:55 am | | Reply

Livin’ free and in the wild! Keep on Creature Adventuring! 😉

7. qwertygirl
    qwertygirl June 28, 2014 at 7:51 am | | Reply

We’ve had birds in the house–they were nesting in the chimney and…I don’t know, went the wrong way when they left the nest (“I wonder where this goes…?”) and when I was a kid we had a bat or two that freaked me the fuck out. Never a snake. Because I’m with Michelle–I’d walk out and put the house on the market. But I used to work for a vet, so I know what to do with birds. I don’t like them, wild or domesticated (they’re dirty), but I can deal with them.

maurnas June 29, 2014 at 10:26 am | | Reply

I’m scared to get out of bed without my glasses. Though a live bird in my apartment never occurred to me. I’m more of the killer behind the clear shower curtain type (they can only be clear).

Also, I think your place is in some kind of magical magnetic vortex and it’s attracting all the birds. Did you do your smudging? Maybe you need a bird exorcist.