Michelle June 1, 2014 at 6:38 am | | Reply

I have a difficult time with all those emotions as well. Life is really freaking hard sometimes. I don’t want you to go through this and I am so sorry that you do anyway.

I will be pulling for you. You’re talented and interesting and a bad ass.

Roxie June 2, 2014 at 11:29 am | | Reply

I know it’s a poor consolation, but I love you!

maurnas June 2, 2014 at 7:56 pm | | Reply

You are doing a really good job through all of this. You are allowed to feel whatever you want to feel. Anger is healthy. Sadness and loss are normal. We are all in support of you on here.

4. Pauline
    Pauline June 2, 2014 at 10:09 pm | | Reply

I am so sad that you are all going through this terribly challenging time. Always remember how many people love you and your sweet family. You are a wonderful, beautiful daughter, mother and grandmother. Thank you for being exactly who you are. I love you Jana. Mom

5. Jennie Saia
    Jennie Saia June 3, 2014 at 9:50 am | | Reply

I felt your heart all the way through this. How much it hurts, the sense that it’s good that it hurts, because it means all those years were important, and then the moment when your body moved to hug him… I’d like to hug you. The way you’re moving through this seems so balanced, so powerful – I wish you all the best as you slash a new path through life’s jungle.

6. Melanie Shebel
    Melanie Shebel June 4, 2014 at 1:20 am | | Reply

I’m so sorry you’re going through such a difficult time. You’re really strong and dealing with everything very well. These are the moments where it’s just day by day, breath by breath. You’re a fantastic writer and I hope that this is a good outlet for you. Just keep sharing, we’re here for you.

7. Steph
    Steph June 6, 2014 at 12:38 pm | | Reply

Oh Jana. I just can’t even imagine what you must be going through. I’m glad that you have this place to share or vent or whatever you need to do. Feel free to message me on FB or email if you feel like you need someone to listen. (read? Listen. I don’t know.) Anyway, I’ve been thinking about you even when I’m not here! *hugs*

8. Mel
    Mel June 24, 2014 at 11:35 am | | Reply

It DOES get better! I was the one who left after almost 24 years of being together (married for 18) and not because he did anything wrong, but because he was simply the wrong person for me… I spent almost a year sleeping less than 3 hours a night (some nights not at all) when I finally realized I couldn’t do this anymore. Spent the next 2 months at the house figuring out what to do next (I hadn’t lived on my own since I was 19!!) then found an apartment and left.

Anyhow… that was 2 years ago. And now? RIDICULOUSLY happy. I have a new guy who delights in making me laugh and who sleeps all tangled up with me and it is the best feeling in the world. Even when the 2 dogs and 3 cats take over the rest of the bed lol. I don’t try to fit a mold that was never right for me; I don’t have to try to be “proper” or “less out there” anymore! The kids go back and forth between my home and the ex’s…we keep it civil and may even eventually find a way to be friends again.

Hi BTW! Can’t even begin to remember how I found my way here a few days ago… but you’re stuck with me now. (one day I’ll learn to introduce myself before spilling my life story)