Michelle June 11, 2014 at 5:26 pm | | Reply

That’s really scary. I’ve never been in the public eye, but one time a woman whose husband was a vendor of ours saw my number on his cell phone (I talked to him regularly) and accused him of having an affair with me. It was crazy and irrational and got really scary. It turns out, she had a brain tumor and was losing her mind. She threatened to get a gun and shoot me. He had to call me and tell me about the threat and I had to file a police report.

I was very afraid of what she would do, but I also very so very sad for her. They had small children and it wasn’t her fault.

Roxie June 12, 2014 at 10:00 am | | Reply

That would be a whole new angle to that Catfish show!

3. april
    april June 12, 2014 at 2:45 pm | | Reply

I already work in a halfway house/correctional facility, so I don’t get a lot of mail from prisoners, but then again, I see them and work with them daily! One thing I’ve learned, is that people in prison tend to “love” very freely, and write to multiple “husbands” or “wives” (who are also in trouble with the law), and tend to be highly manipulative, so if you had written back, they probably would have started telling you they wanted to marry you when they got out, but until then, can you put some money on my books?

This is of course, general and does not apply to all 🙂 I would not become pen pal’s with a felon.

4. april
    april June 13, 2014 at 10:23 am | | Reply

Not at the moment. I need to start one though!

maurnas June 16, 2014 at 7:22 pm | | Reply

I would totally pen pal with a prisoner. I’ve had dozens of pen pals in the past. But then, I don’t think I am appealing enough for men to get all obsessed and scary over me.

6. qwertygirl
    qwertygirl June 24, 2014 at 10:04 pm | | Reply

My dad was in radio and had fans, but it was public radio, so his fans were college professors and like that. I’d have been a bit freaked out in the same situation, because I’m one of those people who jumps to the worst possible conclusion in any set of circumstances. I am ANXIETY GIRL! And my super power is being able to arrive at the worst possible conclusion at any time!