Michelle June 5, 2014 at 9:29 pm | | Reply

I had the tenille..from captain and tenille…and the dorothy hamil wedge. but my hair has some natural wave in it..so it just always looks messy. No matter what. Thats why perming my hair in the 80s was a godsend..

2. Terri
    Terri June 6, 2014 at 7:39 am | | Reply

Sweet baby Jesus, making me recall THAT perm! Nooooooo! Horrid, just horrid. I must remember to ask my Mum if it was my idea or hers…I am inclined to pin that one on her as that she never let me do what I wished to my hair. I am verrrrry near to 44 and just recently did a wild ( for me! ) two tone violent red and blonde dye job! 😉 I admit I am a little late to the business of defying my parents wishes!

3. Shelley J
    Shelley J June 6, 2014 at 8:55 am | | Reply

That last picture is so very Bay City Rollers.

As for my styles, I’m about a decade behind you, so I had feathered hair in kinder/1st grade (a la Charlies Angels), a curly perm around 4th or 5th grade, and my high school pictures all involve really big hair. I miss big hair. I was 3 inches taller back then.

Roxie June 6, 2014 at 10:10 am | | Reply

My favorite was in 7th grade; I had a glorious, Achy-Breaky Mullet! Short and spikey on the top and sides, almost down to my waist in back!

5. Steph
    Steph June 6, 2014 at 12:09 pm | | Reply

I wish I wasn’t too lazy to go hunt up some old pictures. I love that last one, oh my!

6. Sarah (est. 1975)
    Sarah (est. 1975) June 6, 2014 at 7:44 pm | | Reply

My favorite hairstyle had to be the 80’s peacock bangs that WOULD NOT STAY UP because my hair was as fine as spun silk. SO I MADE THEM STAY UP WITH ENTIRE CANS OF AQUA NET. Which meant my hair *stunk* and was full of dried hair spray flakes/dandruff all the time. Charming.

Sandy Ramsey June 6, 2014 at 8:29 pm | | Reply

Holy something! Those are some really great photos! I have a few that could rival them but you will never, ever see them. You win this round…you are far braver than I am 🙂