1. Maggie Wilson
    Maggie Wilson August 14, 2014 at 12:44 pm | | Reply

OK, that’s just surreal! I mean, THE moment when the bride is supposed to appear and it’s wiped out, just like the marriage: gone. Seriously, the universe plays tricks like this once too often for my liking!

2. qwertygirl
    qwertygirl August 14, 2014 at 1:05 pm | | Reply

Ha! That’s awesome! The thing that occurred to me was, “Now, who did the recording? Was it you? Or was it someone else?” Because if it was me, I’d think to myself on finding that, “Holy shit, was I drunk or something? Why would I record a Phil Donahue show on menopausal sex?” And if it was someone else, the question still stands–who recorded a Phil Donahue show on menopausal sex?? But the whole thing made me laugh. Good one!

3. Cassandra
    Cassandra August 14, 2014 at 2:27 pm | | Reply

It’s been more than three years since I separated from my husband (the divorce took a couple years to come), and I STILL haven’t brought myself to go through anything. Maybe in another three years…

4. Sarah (est. 1975)
    Sarah (est. 1975) August 14, 2014 at 9:54 pm | | Reply

Great post. Started off bittersweet and ended with hilarity. <3 you mama.

Roxie August 15, 2014 at 8:33 am | | Reply

That’s totally an omen! That means you’re going to keep on being a hottie, way after you’re old! You’ll be one of those sexy grannies, gettin’ action at the Senior Center! 🙂

maurnas August 21, 2014 at 4:41 pm | | Reply

I feel like this might be a metaphor for your life or something.

And I am a clean freak! Purge all that shit you don’t need. You will feel better.

7. Kristi Campbell
    Kristi Campbell October 13, 2014 at 3:27 pm | | Reply

OMG I’m not sure if it’s hilarious or tragic that somebody recorded a menopausal sex talk show over your wedding video! Also, I didn’t realize that it was so easy to transfer a VCR to a DVD – that’s cool. When it comes to cleaning out the things – I think it’s probably really healing for you to do so. I know that it feels so good to organize a neglected space anyway, and getting rid of your husband’s things might help in your healing process. If you decide you really LIKE organizing stuff, please also feel free to come over. I’ve got a pile of baby stuff in the basement that I keep swearing I’ll put on Craigslist but well, obviously I’ve found better things to do and so keep procrastinating.

8. Roshni
    Roshni October 13, 2014 at 4:19 pm | | Reply

What a hoot!! At least, you have your sense of humor intact, Jana, to be able to take such a heartbreaking situation and find hilarity in it!!

9. Lillian Connelly
    Lillian Connelly October 13, 2014 at 5:37 pm | | Reply

What an incredible journey you are on. I always feel a need to clean things out in times of stress. I am pretty sure it’s a way for me to gain some control over things too.

10. PIper George
    PIper George October 13, 2014 at 11:44 pm | | Reply

Ha – how funny. Well, you maybe got to see the important part of the wedding video anyway.