Michelle September 11, 2014 at 6:36 am | | Reply

Oh sweetheart…I wish you could have been in my bedroom last night (err…not in a weird way) and you would have heard a tear soaked conversation with my husband that sounded so much like this. I mean, the circumstances are different..but the depression sounds so familiar.

I am FORCING myself to walk 20 minutes on the treadmill every night. twenty measly minutes. And I skipped Tuesday. And I only did 14 on Monday. I have prescriptions that I NEED that I haven’t called to get a refill on because the effort that would take is more than I can bear. Insurance isn’t paying two of my son’s doctor bills and a simple phone call would clear it up, but apparently, that task takes a skill that is beyond my grasp.

All I can say is, this is going to pass. We are capable.

And sweetheart, you’re going through the shit right now…this was never going to be easy, but it will end. I promise. 🙂

I need to walk down a different street as well.

I am so pulling for you, Jana!

2. Long View Hill
    Long View Hill September 11, 2014 at 8:28 am | | Reply

I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but what you are describing is an almost perfect description of Depression. I know what you mean about not having the energy or will to do things. I call it that “veins filled with cement” feeling. You might want to check in with your doctor. Medication combined with therapy has been helping me a lot. Hope you feel better soon!

Roxie September 11, 2014 at 8:32 am | | Reply

If you’re clenching your jaw and subconsciously making fists, maybe you should punch a bunching bag for your exercise. Maybe throwing punches (at something you won’t damage) will get some bad feelings out at the same time as exercising.

4. eva
    eva September 11, 2014 at 8:44 am | | Reply

Here is what I see; A woman brave enough to show where she feels weak, a woman strong enough to share these perceived weaknesses with others and allow herself to be vulnerable and raw, a woman generous enough to share her time and talents (yes, talents) to express in words so many can relate to how it feels. Just how it feels. I think your GPS already is pointing you to a better local. Keep going.

5. Considerer
    Considerer September 11, 2014 at 9:57 am | | Reply

Logic and carbs and fats are all fine, my friend – keep going with the mini-meditation. All of these feelings and thoughts, they SUCK and they’re painful, but they’re all eminently explainable. And just think, each one which happens is one more you don’t have to go through before you get to the Other Side. Cross each one off the list.

*hugs*

6. qwertygirl
    qwertygirl September 11, 2014 at 10:50 am | | Reply

I’m so sorry, Jana. I wish I could say something that would make it better. Know that there are people out here rooting for you, if that helps!