Michelle September 15, 2014 at 1:03 pm | | Reply

I LOVE THE GRAPHIC.

Pretty sure we share the same mind when trying to meditate. I have tried…I really have..but my brain puts it’s foot down and insists on doing something else. Maybe I should try this guided meditation, but I can’t do it on my own.

2. Maggie Wilson
    Maggie Wilson September 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm | | Reply

Oh yeah… carbon copy, more or less of my brain while meditating. This was fun, and so is the illustration!

Roxie September 15, 2014 at 1:38 pm | | Reply

After reading this whole thing about meditation, all I can think of is, what was that movie about people killing themselves???

4. Considerer
    Considerer September 15, 2014 at 3:18 pm | | Reply

Ohhhh look at your sweet cartoon! Well done you 🙂

I’m pretty sure my brain would be every bit as all over the place. So no, I’ve not tried meditation (okay, I typed ‘mediation’ – what does that say about ME?!?!?) and I don’t plan to.

NAPPING, on the other hand, I fully advocate and indulge in OFTEN 😀

5. Sarah (est. 1975)
    Sarah (est. 1975) September 15, 2014 at 7:41 pm | | Reply

I breathe with my belly. And store food in my belly. GET IN MY BELLY!

6. April
    April September 16, 2014 at 9:15 am | | Reply

I’ve tried a hundred times to meditate. And I cannot stay focused at all. The instructor (? speaker?) is all “Now imagine a field filled with flowers” and I get that field. For like 10 seconds. and then I start thinking “Hey, this field looks like the one in that one movie where 10 people were murdered there” or something equally ridiculous.

The worst though, is when I have a head ache, or something and I try to do the Chakra meditation. Where you picture a bright light covered in black splotches (the pain) and imagine the light spinning and flinging the black splotches out. Supposedly, by the time your done and the light is “Clean”, you will no longer hurt. But I get about 1/4 in, my mind wanders and then I have to start all over again. I can’t ever finish. So I give up and take a Tylenol. :/

7. Cassandra
    Cassandra September 16, 2014 at 12:16 pm | | Reply

Meditation honestly makes me panicky. I’ve had to try meditation for school assignments both in college and graduate school (I was in psychology), and it did not go well. Now if I take a yoga class where they do meditation at the end, I just spend that time planning the rest of my day. It is much more relaxing then lying there praying for the five minutes to be over.

8. Gunmetal Geisha
    Gunmetal Geisha September 19, 2014 at 8:49 am | | Reply

I have tried, and I have tried to fall asleep through it because I have yet to find a voice that didn’t irritate me somehow!

maurnas September 23, 2014 at 8:23 pm | | Reply

That graphic is fabulous. I think I need one for my wall. I keep wanting to write a post about my meditations but I don’t know how to do it without sounding, well, hippy dippy. I have some really intense visions and weird things happen. And this already is making me sound flaky.