1. Considerer
    Considerer December 12, 2014 at 12:07 am | | Reply

I even read a fact-sheet which gave information about ‘How To Cookie Swap’ and yeah – you don’t want more than about 6 guests because a) hassle, and b) TOO MANY COOKIES… think about how many you had to make – would you have wanted to make a dozen more for each additional partygoer?

The hostess should have provided some labels for the cookies though, or asked you to bring some.

Sounds…yeah, I think ‘interesting’ is the right word, and your cookies look WAY better than the others.

2. Maggie Wilson
    Maggie Wilson December 12, 2014 at 5:01 am | | Reply

An AUDITION? too much. And so is 7 dozen cookies. You are a trooper!

3. April
    April December 12, 2014 at 9:03 am | | Reply

I am entirely too lazy to bake 7 dozen cookies. I get bored after the first round comes out of the oven. My contribution would have been more of “Sweet daughter of mine……I need you to bake 7 dozen cookies, please” and then I would have taken cookies made by a 13 year old. and taken credit for them. That child can bake!

4. LornaMi
    LornaMi December 12, 2014 at 1:06 pm | | Reply

I’m facing a 10 doz exchange next week and could kill myself! The annual exchange with 7 BFFs has grown with 3 unknown girls we’re not happy to be included but they begged the hostess to join our annual event. Mutinous muttering all around me, as the original 7 take pride in spectacular cookies made with the finest ingredients (after all, you only want to give the finest to your BFF gang)… typical comment from the original group: “they [the intrusive 3 new girls] better not buy, or bring chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies.” It’s getting ugly. YOUR cookie looks spectacular, btw! I’m off to look for it on the ‘net.

Michelle December 13, 2014 at 11:39 am | | Reply

I was involved in this baking thing last year, where you sent cookies and some other baked good to a person on the list. It was an internet thing. I baked my heart out. Did I ever get MY baked goods? No. Did I get a thank you or acknowledgment for the ones I sent?? No. Not that I’m bitter.

And I really want to try those cookies. Imma hunt down a recipe because they sound amazing and I LOVE lemon.

Michelle December 13, 2014 at 6:48 pm | | Reply