1. Considerer
    Considerer April 16, 2015 at 12:08 am | | Reply

Naaaaah cos people are ALWAYS attributing stories to ‘the ancestors’ – I don’t think death shuts ANYONE up…

Michelle April 16, 2015 at 6:21 am | | Reply

Oh god…that drives me crazy. I just had to listen to someone at work describe their workout in painful detail. Every kick and step and punch..how many..how hot it was…blah blah blah.

3. Roshni
    Roshni April 16, 2015 at 11:07 am | | Reply

I actually find these kind of people very soothing because they remove the necessity for me to talk…except maybe for a few encouraging noises for them to continue!! 😀

4. Andrew
    Andrew April 16, 2015 at 11:38 am | | Reply

The flip side of course is to be standing with someone in total uncomfortable silence, tongue tied having absolutely nothing to talk about both embarrassed. Hmm which is the worse, motor mouth or statue? And of course the answer could be, don’t bother with either…………….. but then you never get out. Great post I get your point 🙂

5. eva
    eva April 17, 2015 at 8:42 am | | Reply

we all love a good storyteller so I guess it really comes down to content – if you have a lot to say but the majority is pretty engaging I say ramble on! Isn’t that what all of our blogs are for anyways?

6. Brian
    Brian April 17, 2015 at 11:00 am | | Reply

Oh man – I married one. The Gabby McTalkerson type I mean. Worst part is that in some “conversations” she’ll start repeating herself. Sometimes she’ll repeat herself IN THE SAME SENTENCE (or was that breath?) It’s usually some mundane detail oriented rant about her work and she’s just unloading her frustrations. I’ve tried explaining that I don’t need anywhere near the level of detail she’s using, but it’s apparently necessary in order for me to understand the full spectrum of her feelings on the matter. If I try to reply or interject a thought? Might as well be a prairie dog in a buffalo stampede.

Heaven forbid I start sharing the gory details of my work. Her eyes roll back in her head, she says she doesn’t understand a word of what I’m saying and tells me to stop wasting my time. Not very equitable.

But that’s why we invented beer. Couple three Scottish Wee Heavy Ales and it ceases to matter.