1. lrconsiderer
    lrconsiderer June 24, 2015 at 11:48 pm | | Reply

Frist. *HUGS*

I guess I should consider myself lucky that Exby never really wanted to go anywhere with me, and that we have very, very few places which I will need to overlay with new memories. I plan to do it anyway though.

One of my favourite places right now is a little cafe in town where I PURPOSEFULLY never took him, even while we were married, because even then I knew I didn’t want him to ruin it for me.

Michelle June 25, 2015 at 4:16 am | | Reply

I guess you DO have a lot more hiking to do..but hiking is necessary and it sounds like it might start getting easier.

This is lovely, my friend.

3. Kristine @ MumRevised
    Kristine @ MumRevised June 25, 2015 at 5:51 am | | Reply

Keep it up girl. It is just going to get easier. So nice that you can share those lovely places again with people that fill your soul.

4. maggiemayat50
    maggiemayat50 June 25, 2015 at 7:22 am | | Reply

I recently had a similar experience re-visiting a beach where I vacationed with my family for over 20 years. I stopped there for an hour since I was driving to a conference. I was glad I was alone because I had tears streaming down my face as I walked down this oh-so-familiar beach. I wrote a post about it, but suffice it to say that I decided my tears were just an emotional release about my newfound freedom and happiness. Keep gently pushing yourself because we shouldn’t let our past create limits on your future. Happy Hiking!!

5. Quirky Chrissy
    Quirky Chrissy June 25, 2015 at 4:36 pm | | Reply

I get that sometimes with places I went with old boyfriends. I know it’s not the same, but it’s nice to make new memories with thr people I love now.

6. That Shameless Hussy
    That Shameless Hussy June 26, 2015 at 9:04 pm | | Reply

Jealous of the hikes. Good for you for getting out there, and for recognizing the importance of holding on to a memory – and still moving on.

Really jealous of the hikes….

Sandy Ramsey June 28, 2015 at 1:22 pm | | Reply

I think it’s wonderful that you’re getting out there and making new memories. I also think it’s okay to keep the old ones because there was a time that things were good with Doc. Life moves on whether we want it to or not. Usually once we realize letting go is really the best thing for us, we do okay. I look forward to hearing all about your future hiking adventures. And I really wish I could have those donuts…..

8. Inion N. Mathair
    Inion N. Mathair June 29, 2015 at 8:10 pm | | Reply

Rock on for getting back out there and venturing to those places. It takes immense courage for you to deal with that and Mathair and I commend you for it. Beautifully written post, Jana; very heartfelt. Making new memories by bringing closure to the old ones is a great lesson for everyone.

9. Samara
    Samara June 29, 2015 at 8:28 pm | | Reply

Your last paragraph is beautiful and hopeful.

I don’t have any of those sentimental feelings about the Ex. It was a long drawn out painful ending that still isn’t really over.

But I do get sad about another ex and I’m looking forward to that not happening ever.