1. Kristine @ MumRevised
    Kristine @ MumRevised June 18, 2015 at 10:16 pm | | Reply

I love Eva and I have always wanted a tattoo… I will get one one day. I like a word that means something to you – evolve comes to mind. But they are so personal it is hard to suggest. I think it is a great idea though and I am excited to see what you so.

2. lrconsiderer
    lrconsiderer June 18, 2015 at 11:55 pm | | Reply

I saw a glorious design yesterday of a quill cutting through the skin, and blood pouring out onto a book…CLEARLY a writer tat – but you could pay homage to the phoenix by having a feather in reds and oranges, and turn it into a quill for your writer’s heart…

3. lrconsiderer
    lrconsiderer June 18, 2015 at 11:55 pm | | Reply

Also, yon boy with the dragon sounds SMOKING hot 😉

4. thetattootourist
    thetattootourist June 19, 2015 at 6:26 am | | Reply

I was having a lovely time reading your post and imagining you with slinky ivy creeping up your back when I got to your generous mention – what a nice surprise and thank you so much! I LOVE your spine idea – but yes the spine hurts like the damn Devil.. Don’t feel bad about “bad first ink” . My very first tattoo had to be covered because my empowering “leaping wolf” actually looked like the Greyhound Bus symbol. Get that ankle tattoo covered with a beautiful flower. email me for recmnd. on artists in your area. thanks again!

Michelle June 19, 2015 at 8:17 am | | Reply

You are NOT too old. If you want a tattoo, then get one. I’m getting a new one soon. Just below the ankle of my right foot. It’s going to say ‘don’t panic.’

6. April Tolliver
    April Tolliver June 19, 2015 at 9:10 am | | Reply

You are NEVER too old for tattoos! I have 9 of them. I have a greenman on my upper shoulder, I have an infinity symbol that says “Sisters” with 3 flower petals standing for me and my sisters on my forearm. I’ve got my kids hand prints done in what looks like finger paint, and I’ve got a large one across my back that has mine, my husband and my kids birth flowers, to represent our family. The rest, while lovely, don’t have any personal meaning and aren’t special. I like them anyway.

My husband just got his first tattoo at 38.

There are a billion ideas for re-birth and rising. I personal like the lotus flower. But you can make anything yours

7. UP
    UP June 19, 2015 at 3:27 pm | | Reply

You’ve enough ink already…

8. Annie Emmy Evans
    Annie Emmy Evans June 20, 2015 at 11:05 am | | Reply

Yeah… see… I’m just not a tattoo person, but if you want my two cents, you should totally get a life-sized image of my face on your back. Now THAT would be awesome. 😉

9. Inion N. Mathair
    Inion N. Mathair June 23, 2015 at 10:11 am | | Reply

Never too old for tats. 😉 I’m in line to get my first in a couple of months a small triquetra at the nape of my neck as well. Mathair is very excited for me but is opting out for matching mommy/daughter ink. lol I love tribal symbols (don’t know if you could tell lol) but I’m also sentimental and have planned on getting my little bros birthdays on each ankle. Definitely has to mean something to you, whether it’s your sign, where you’re from, your fave flower or a loved one’s name. I personally am in love with the trail of stars on the back of Rihanna’s neck.

10. Melissa
    Melissa July 3, 2015 at 11:30 am | | Reply

I have several tats and love them all. They all mean something and I want more. I too did the cliché small rose on my breast when I was in my 20’s. Needless to say I am now 18 months from being 50 and it is a long stemmed red rose now..LOL