Michelle August 10, 2015 at 7:05 am | | Reply

I got to fly first class a few times when I had a client in DC and it was awesome. I am a terrible flier. I hate to fly (fiery ball of death) but if I have to fly…then first class makes it easier. Probably won’t fly first class ever again, though. I’m not paying for it.

2. Alonna Barnhart
    Alonna Barnhart August 10, 2015 at 8:40 am | | Reply

Real silverware! That’s awesome! Your eldest child has got some serious class. 🙂

3. Spoken Like A True Nut
    Spoken Like A True Nut August 10, 2015 at 12:02 pm | | Reply

We used to fly business class all the time when I was a kid. I can’t help but be a bit envious of my younger self for having that privilege. I miss the real silverware and the tiny salt and pepper shakers…and having actual meals to use them on.

4. Gunmetal Geisha
    Gunmetal Geisha August 10, 2015 at 12:06 pm | | Reply

I really enjoyed this meld of authentic and tongue-in-cheek! The “riffraff,” hahaha.

5. Dana
    Dana August 10, 2015 at 12:24 pm | | Reply

I flew first class, once, when I was much younger, home from vacation. When I got home, my brother called me Zsa-Zsa for a week!

6. Val
    Val August 10, 2015 at 3:00 pm | | Reply

**Snort** – I keep telling myself that the next time we go to visit my MIL in the UK, I’ll pay dearly for one of those business-class fancy seats that turn into an actual BED so I might get some sleep on that red-eye, but somehow 3X the expense (last time I checked it was about $3K for business class vs about $900 for coach flight) convinces me that $4K in savings will console me for 2 nights of lost sleep!!!
    (& as I recall I’ve flown 1st class exactly TWICE over almost 30 yrs of adult air travel…)

7. lrconsiderer
    lrconsiderer August 10, 2015 at 5:03 pm | | Reply

Nope. I know my place – cattle class all the way, baby!

But it sounds like you had a FABULOUS experience and I’m so happy for you. And your grandkids are SOOOOO CUTE!

8. Quirky Chrissy
    Quirky Chrissy August 16, 2015 at 10:20 am | | Reply

How absolutely exciting! I suspect I will never fly first class, but perhaps one day I will have a daughter to surprise me like that too 🙂

I love the way you told your story, and I really want to yell at Snooty McSeatmate for being well…obnoxious. 🙂