1. Laurie Works
    Laurie Works November 10, 2015 at 10:38 pm | | Reply

Oh my god you’re my spirit animal. I just noticed the tunas (as they say) were ripe up here in CO and I have decided I need to go picking… NOW I have a recipe. MWAHAHAHAH. I can’t wait.

2. lrconsiderer
    lrconsiderer November 11, 2015 at 12:26 am | | Reply

Ha! I’ve been watching your hiking pics on fb and enjoying the mountain scenery. I’m glad you strain the pulp because what if you MISS a tiny spine, and then try to drink it? THAT would be a horrid way to die – by margarita spine!

Michelle November 11, 2015 at 4:45 am | | Reply

I’ve missed you terribly! And what if you fell into a ditch full of vipers..that would kill you. Probably.

I also want a drink and it’s 6:42 in the morning.

4. Kristine @ MumRevised
    Kristine @ MumRevised November 11, 2015 at 5:35 am | | Reply

I’m pretty sure you weren’t invited to the first prickly pear party because you were dead. We didn’t think to invite you to the wake but I wish we had served these. Yum! Glad you are risen and have been so productive in your absence.

5. Val
    Val November 11, 2015 at 6:12 am | | Reply

I’LL BE RIGHT ON DOWN!!!
    (I’m heartbroken bcz former neighbors had beautiful stand of prickley pear at their gate, but new neighbors ripped it all out!!??!! Even worse, my husband LOANED THEM MACHETES to get started – remind me to post the Machete Girls story!!!)

1. Val
      Val November 11, 2015 at 6:14 am | | Reply

& sorry – I figured you’ve just been horrendously BUSY, like me…
      (Also obviously failed to post link to my new blog correctly but I’ll fix later)

1. Val
        Val November 11, 2015 at 6:17 am | | Reply

There, I’m anal about LINKS THAT WORK CORRECTLY…

6. Dana
    Dana November 11, 2015 at 12:42 pm | | Reply

I’m not good with the tech, and my email doesn’t seem to want to do anything, lately, but I have checked this blog almost every day to see if you had a new post!

7. Cherron
    Cherron November 11, 2015 at 4:00 pm | | Reply

I’m just now realizing we never got around to making said delicious margaritas when I was home last! Save some syrup for Christmas!

Aussa Lorens November 15, 2015 at 6:58 pm | | Reply

How far is Albuquerque from Denver? I need to come over. This looks amazing. But I am WAY too lazy to blowtorch my cocktails.

9. Inion N. Mathair
    Inion N. Mathair November 18, 2015 at 11:44 pm | | Reply

Hi Jana: Like Lizzi we’ve been watching your hiking ventures and beautiful pics and figured you were on a walk-about. lol How’s the coyote by the way? 😉 Okay…as for the Prickly Pear Margarita’s holy shit!!! That sounds freaking delish!! I can’t wait to show Inion this. She seen Prickly Pears used on the cooking show Chopped and fell in love with them. We can’t get them here so we’ll have to head to your place for a girls margarita night. Love the pics and sharing them now!! 😉 xoxo

10. notradejack
    notradejack November 23, 2015 at 12:24 pm | | Reply

I’m not a huge fan of tequila (hope we can still be friends) but thanks for the tutorial on getting the fruit because I’d love to make jelly out of it. I hadn’t heard of these little tuna things either until I moved to AZ this year.