1. Pauline L. Shaw
    Pauline L. Shaw October 12, 2016 at 9:33 pm | | Reply

Seems to me that you very, very ardently tangoed right away from that bullet:) Good for you!

2. meonatrip
    meonatrip October 13, 2016 at 4:18 am | | Reply

You’re such a great story teller. I thoroughly enjoy your posts!

3. Kristine @ MumRevised
    Kristine @ MumRevised October 13, 2016 at 6:21 am | | Reply

For a while there, I thought this was going to be a good one. Clearly, I need to air out the testosterone on my first impressions. Next is right!

1. Kristine @ MumRevised
      Kristine @ MumRevised October 13, 2016 at 6:21 am | | Reply

To be clear… it was a good story, not a good man. Don’t want you to read that wrong <3

4. Spoken Like A True Nut
    Spoken Like A True Nut October 13, 2016 at 8:42 am | | Reply

Darn, now I’ll never know if my husband really wanted to marry me or if we just saw each other too often while we were dating and all the excess estrogen floating around Jedi mind-controlled him into it.

Michelle October 13, 2016 at 1:02 pm | | Reply

Hahah! PERFECT answer, you. xoxo

6. Val
    Val October 15, 2016 at 7:19 am | | Reply

As I returned to my never-ending project: cleaning out spare bedroom & converting it into my exercise room/study, I found my old belly dancing costumes stuffed into a back corner of closet… What comedy gold THAT would be, if the belt would still fasten around my hips & I tried to shimmy again!
    (At least Middle Eastern dance is performed barefoot or in slippers – as I mentioned, I’d break my neck if I tried to dance in heels! Good for you Jana!)

7. Melanie
    Melanie December 22, 2016 at 11:29 am | | Reply

Great story. Loved your response, and loved even more that you were straightforward and honest–and humorous at the same time! I spent the first decade of adulthood lying, avoiding, giving false phone numbers, etc., because I was too afraid to just say “no.” When I finally started doing so, it was liberating, Even if the guy didn’t always appreciate my frankness, I know it’s the best way to handle these situations. So kudos to you.

BTW, I’m a libertarian and I have to say I agree with all of this guy’s political views. (And I am not a racist, a homophobe, or a gun nut.) But I would definitely not have gone out with him again, either. 🙂